Congratulations! You’ve decided a career in real estate is for you, and you’ve come to the right place!
With award winning instructors, flexible class times and student support to help you pass the exam, Canopy Real Estate Institute can help make your dreams of working in real estate a reality.
Here are the steps to getting your license:
Step 1 – Know the Requirements
- Enroll and successfully complete the 75-hour Broker Prelicensing course.
- After passing the class, apply for your North Carolina Real Estate License with the North Carolina Real Estate Commission.
- Must be 18 years old
- Must have a social security number
- You then need to pass the North Carolina Real Estate License Exam.
Step 2 – Enroll in a Course
- Meet our instructors!
- Select a course to meet your schedule.
- Tuition: $429 (early-bird discount of $40 off available)
- Review and agree to our policies.
- Understand the course completion requirements
- Make sure you can meet attendance requirements
Step 3 – Get Your Course Materials
- Purchase the required textbook at The Realtor® Store.
- We’ll send you hard copies and emailed copies of: Canopy Student notebook, NC License Law & Commission Rules booklet, Real Estate Licensing in North Carolina booklet and other materials.
- You’ll also need a simple calculator, a highlighter and a pad for notes.
Step 4 – Take the Course
- Currently all our courses are offered virtually.
- Courses are presented using Zoom technology.
- Download the Zoom app to your desktop or laptop. Click here for Zoom online support.
- You can also chat live with the Zoom support team within your Zoom account, or call 1-888-799-9666 ext. 2.
- Click here for the complete list of technical requirements to take an online course.
- Take advantage of free virtual drop-in tutoring (link provided after you enroll).
- Meet all course completion requirements and pass the Canopy end-of-course exam.
Step 5 – Apply to Take the North Carolina Real Estate Exam
- Submit your online application with the North Carolina Real Estate Commission.
- Schedule your exam at a PSI testing facility.
- Attend free post-course exam reviews with a Canopy instructor.
- Use free virtual drop-in tutoring as you prepare for the exam.
Step 6 – Congrats! You’ve Passed the North Carolina Real Estate Exam!
- The North Carolina Real Estate Commission will issue you a Provisional Broker license.
- Affiliate with a firm and activate your license.
- Complete three 30-hour Postlicensing courses within 18 months.
- Complete eight hours of continuing education by June 10 each year after your first renewal to remain active.
What Students Are Saying About Canopy Real Estate Institute:
“Grateful that I chose Canopy. The school provides all tools to study, prepare and learn the course. I feel confident.”
“The Instructor's greatest strength is definitely her extensive knowledge/experience about real estate, and also how she makes learning about real estate relatable to real world situations.”
“Awesome experience. Glad I chose Canopy - I would recommend this school to anyone!”
“Canopy Real Estate Institute has a beautiful facility, the course is extremely helpful and they have excellent instructors.”
“I am so happy I chose Canopy as the starting place for my real estate career, and I look forward to each new class I take with them! To anyone considering real estate schools in the Charlotte area, I would say Canopy's outstanding instruction and low costs make them an easy choice!”