Take a class with the experienced Canopy instructors you know.
Canopy is partnering with Real Time Learn to bring you instructor-led synchronous (live online) General Update courses, Broker-in-Charge Update courses, and elective courses.
These classes allow you to interact in real time with your instructor!
Classes will be presented using Zoom technology. Download the Zoom app to your desktop, laptop or tablet.
Once you register for your class, you will be able to download and/or print your update or elective course manual.
You will log in to your update or elective course in Real Time Learn and click the Launch Zoom button to enter the meeting. Please launch Zoom 45 minutes prior to the meeting for check-in.
Member discount code for Canopy Realtor® Association and Canopy MLS members can be found in Matrix under "Resources" -> "Local Tools" -> "Discount code"
The code must be used at the time of purchase to receive a discount.
Discount is for live streaming GENUP, BICUP, and elective courses only. Discount does NOT apply to on-demand electives.
IMPORTANT: If you did not meet the Sept. 30, 2020, deadline to complete your 2019-2020 CE requirements, please contact the North Carolina Real Estate Commission at 919-875-3700 to determine what course(s) you will need to take to satisfy your CE requirements.
Already registered for a class? Click here to access your account and get logged into your class.
- Desktop computer/laptop (PC or Apple) or tablet
- Broadband internet access (preferably wired) - "Broadband" means minimum speeds equivalent to DSL, satellite, or cable connections of at least 8 mbps. Note: wifi connections are typically significantly slower than wired connections.
- Headset with microphone or speakers and a microphone
- A strong, consistent internet connection to stream audio and video in both directions
- Ability to see the full screen and access a keyboard at the same time
- Use of microphone and camera for the duration of the course
- Preferred browsers - Chrome or Firefox (Internet Explorer not recommended)
- Login from a phone
- Students will not get credit for this class if they are driving a vehicle during class hours. If you are driving, you are unable to fully participate. Distracted drivers put themselves and others at risk. (NC Gen. Statutes § 20-136.1)
Other requirements and expectations
Students must meet course attendance requirements:
Students must fulfill the time requirement of attending 90% of the course, not counting scheduled breaks. No course credit will be given if the 90% requirement is not met, even if due to connectivity issues.
Students will not receive credit if they leave before the end of the course.
A monitor will be online to track attendance and student participation.
If a student's connectivity fails repeatedly and they miss more than 10% of the course, they will not be able to continue the course and will not get credit.
Students must meet the requirement to connect/check-in prior to start of the class session.
Students must show any required identification prior to or at the beginning of the course – pocket cards and picture IDs will be checked. Have them ready when you join the class. You will not get credit if your pocket card and photo ID are not checked.
Check in starts at 8:15 a.m. for 9 a.m. classes.
Check in starts at 1:15 p.m. for 2 p.m. classes.
Students must silence their phones and ensure they are taking the course in a quiet environment.
Only one student may be on a computer at a time. You cannot share screens with other students.
Students must reply to all prompts and quizzes during the session to receive credit.
Students must remain connected to the room during breaks.
Students must close other programs/apps while class is in session.
At the end of the course and after attendance has been confirmed by staff, students will receive a completion email from Real Time Learn with instructions on how to log in to their account and download their Canopy Real Estate Institute Certificate of Completion.
Canopy Real Estate Institute will report course completion to the North Carolina Real Estate Commission.
- No refunds
Note: Life happens! If you need to leave the online course, we certainly understand. While we cannot give you credit for the course if you miss more than 20 minutes or cannot stay until the end, we can help you reschedule to another online course at no charge.
Additional Zoom Support
- Zoom online support
- You can also chat live with the Zoom support team within your Zoom account, or call 1-888-799-9666 ext. 2