Livestream Learning for N.C. Continuing Education
Enjoy completing your continuing education classes in the comfort of your home! Our livestream classes are offered on Zoom. Please review our technology requirements below. To have the best experience, we recommend you download Zoom to your computer prior to class.
Click here for instructions to Download Zoom
Canopy Association/MLS Members: $50*
*Commercial RE CE classes are $65 for Canopy Association/MLS Members and $85 for Non-Members
Have questions? Need help registering? Give Canopy Real Estate Institute a call at 704-372-2984 or email email@example.com.
View or register for upcoming classes.
TECHNOLOGY REQUIREMENTS FOR LIVESTREAM COURSES
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please be aware that violating any policy stated below will result in a certificate of completion or course credit not being awarded.
- Desktop computer/laptop (PC or Apple) with keyboard. Only tablets with the same functionality as a computer or laptop can be used. Cell phone usage as a primary device is strictly prohibited. Usage of cell phone as a secondary device for audio or camera purposes may be permitted at the discretion of the instructor or monitor.
- A quiet workspace environment with desk or table and chair
- A strong, consistent internet connection to stream audio and video in both directions. Cell phones do not meet this requirement.
- Broadband internet access (preferably wired). "Broadband" means minimum speeds equivalent to DSL, satellite, or cable connections of at least 8 mbps. Note: WiFi connections are typically significantly slower than wired connections.
- Webcam (internal or external camera) Note: Must be compatible with Zoom application.
- Microphone or headset with microphone
- Ability to see the full screen and access a keyboard at the same time
- Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox web browsers
PLEASE NOTE: NEITHER THE INSTRUCTOR OR CANOPY STAFF IS RESPONSIBLE FOR INTERNET SPEEDS, BANDWIDTH ISSUES, OR PERSONAL COMPUTER ISSUES. CONTACT YOUR INTERNET PROVIDER OR COMPUTER TECH SUPPORT IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS ABOUT YOUR INTERNET OR COMPUTER HARDWARE CAPABILITIES.
COURSE PARTICIPATION & EXPECTATIONS FOR SYNCHRONOUS/LIVE-STREAM
Students must meet the technology requirements during registration check-in prior to start of class.
- Failure to sustain a stable connection will count as missed time. If the connectivity issue persists over duration of one (1) hour, instructor or monitor may request that the student discontinue the course and reschedule to a future course. Student registration will then be placed on hold for completion at a later date.
- Driving or being a passenger in a vehicle is strictly prohibited! Students will not get credit for class time and class participation. NC Gen. Statutes § 20-136.1 Location of television, computer, or video players, monitors, and screens. No person shall drive any motor vehicle upon a public street or highway or public vehicular area while viewing any television, computer, or video player which is located in the motor vehicle at any point forward of the back of the driver's seat, and which is visible to the driver while operating the motor vehicle.
- Only one student per screen is allowed. Shared screens are prohibited and only the student logged into Zoom will receive credit for the class session.
- All electronic devices must be silenced and microphones muted.
- Students must not engage in other activity while taking the course. (Refrain from any activity that you could not do while in a classroom)
- Students are only permitted to use electronic devices to enhance their learning, including taking notes or researching class topics, or viewing the online textbook. Any other programs or applications must be closed during class.
- Students must participate during class discussion, and reply to all prompts and quizzes.
- Students must remain connected to the class session at all times, including course breaks, and return from course breaks on time.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
To successfully complete a continuing education course and receive course credit, per Commission Rule 58A .1705(a), a broker shall:
(1) attend at least ninety (90) percent of the scheduled instructional hours for the course;
(2) provide his or her legal name and license number to the school;
(3) present his or her pocket card or photo identification card, if necessary; and
(4) personally, perform all work required to complete the course.
At the end of the course and after attendance has been confirmed by staff, students will receive a completion email from Real Time Learn with instructions on how to log in to their account and download their Canopy Real Estate Institute Certificate of Completion.
Canopy Real Estate Institute will report course completion to the North Carolina Real Estate Commission
Note: Life happens! If you need to leave the online course, we certainly understand. While we cannot give you credit for the course if you miss more than 20 minutes or cannot stay until the end, we can help you reschedule to another online course at no charge.
For additional information on Canopy Real Estate Institute's Policies, please view our Canopy Real Estate Institute Policies and Procedures Disclosures
Additional Zoom Support
- Zoom online support
- You can also chat live with the Zoom support team within your Zoom account, or call 1-888-799-9666 ext. 2