Code of Ethics Deadline Change:
The National Association of Realtors® (NAR) just approved extending the training requirement to complete a minimum of 2.5 hours of Code of Ethics from every two years to every three years and extends the current cycle from Dec. 31, 2020 to Dec. 31, 2021.
The current Code of Ethics cycle is now Jan. 1, 2019-Dec. 31, 2021.
The next cycle will begin Jan. 1, 2022 and end Dec. 31, 2024.
How to fulfill the Code of Ethics requirement
Realtors® can fulfill their Code of Ethics requirements in a number of ways:
- Take a four-hour continuing-education (CE) elective course that covers the Realtor® Code of Ethics. Below are the courses that fulfill this requirement:
- 16 Mistakes Broker Make (Live Streaming)
- Ethics for the Commercial Broker (Live Streamiing)
- Everyday Ethics in Real Estate (On-Demand)
- Know It Now or Regret It Later (Live Streaming)
- Realtors® Breaking Bad/Code of Ethics (Live Streaming)
- Scruples and the Code of Ethics (On-Demand/Video-Based)
- Staying on the Right Path/Code of Ethics (On-Demand/Video-Based)
- What Would Your Momma Say (Live Streaming)
- What Would Your Momma Say (In-Person)
- Ethics at Work (On-Demand)
- The Code of Ethics in Action: Real-Life Applications (On-Demand)
- Code of Ethics Only/No CE Credit
If you have any questions about the COE requirement, please contact Member Services at 704-940-3110 or firstname.lastname@example.org.