The National Association of Realtors® (NAR) requires all Realtor® members to complete a minimum of 2.5 hours of Code of Ethics training with two-year cycles.
The current Code of Ethics cycle is Jan. 1, 2019-Dec. 31, 2020.
How to fulfill the Code of Ethics requirement
Realtors® can fulfill their Code of Ethics requirements in a number of ways:
- Take a four-hour continuing-education (CE) elective course that covers the Realtor® Code of Ethics. Below are the courses that fulfill this requirement:
- Breaking Bad/Code of Ethics (classroom)
- Everyday Ethics in Real Estate (online)
- For Your Own Good: The Realtor® Code (classroom)
- For the Good of All: The Realtor® Code of Ethics (classroom)
- Know It Now or Regret It Later/Code of Ethics (classroom)
- Scruples and the Code of Ethics (online/video-based)
- See It, Say It: Demystifying Ethics (classroom)
- Staying on the Right Path/Code of Ethics (classroom)
- Staying on the Right Path/Code of Ethics (online/video-based)
- Complete NAR’s free online 2.5-hour COE course at www.nar.realtor. The association will be notified when it is completed.
- Take Cindy Chandler's 2.5-hour video Code of Ethics course for $35. (This course only provides Code of Ethics credit, NOT continuing-education credit.)
If you have any questions about the COE requirement, please contact Member Services at 704-940-3110 or email@example.com.